Monday, November 19, 2012

Bethel Woods Center for the Arts

New Moccasins! 
Some treats for the road!
A peace flag.
Twiggy fashion.

A look inside the museum.


Inside the bus.


 The landscape was beautiful!


Amazing to know you're standing in the presence of a field where millions of hippies and famous musicians once roamed!
 Me with the Woodstock Plaque. 

A book a got, which was an autographed copy by the author, Roberta Price! Her photographs of hippie communes in the 60s and 70s were on display downstairs.

This was about a month ago, on Columbus Day actually, that I went to Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, a museum about the 60s located on the premises of where Woodstock was held! First, let me note that anyone who is interested in the 60s, or who wants to relive their past, needs to go to this museum! It's totally groovy and a lot of fun. 
The thing that really makes this museum stand out is the decorative ambiance the place had. It was filled with lots of colors and even had a car and a hippie bus (that you can go inside). 
They also have exhibits downstairs, and they change them periodically. This time, it happened to be a photo exhibit from a photographer named Roberta Price, who lived on a hippie commune in the 60s and 70s. I liked her pictures and story so much that I decided to buy her book called "Huerfano: A Memoir of Life In the Counterculture."
When you're done looking through the museum, you can walk or drive over the the plaque they have, which has all the performers names on it that played at Woodstock. In the background there is a beautiful view of where all the hippies must have stayed. To make it easier to describe, I'll quote myself on a picture I posted on Facebook:
  "I love seeing this land, it just makes me think about all the people that were actually there. When I stand there I think-wow, I am in the presence of a place where not only millions of hippies were, but also where some of the greatest musicians plays. Oh, how I love history."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment