Monday, October 7, 2013

60s Teen: Marcia Brady Shirt












Here is another 60s girl photoshoot! I am wearing my Marcia Brady shirt, as I call it, and am modeling with  pretty much my favorite album ever and new obsession...Fleetwood Mac! Over the summer I developed this obsession. I think it all started when I started listening to "Edge of Seventeen" on my seventeenth birthday. My love then progressed when I found out she sung multiple other songs that I knew and loved, and found new ones that I would come to love.
But I think this month was the peak of my obsession with both Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks!  I couldn't stop listening to their songs! It amazes me how many hits they've had as a group, and Stevie on her own. And they're all amazing in their own way. I love Christine, Lindsey, and Stevie's voice and talent equally...well maybe I like Stevie a little more. But I do love all of them. 
Pretty much every day of this whole month I would sit down in a secluded section of the cafe for study hall period 2, take out my homework or journal, or whatever I was working on that day, and would just plug in my headphones and listen to the Fleetwood Mac Radio on Pandora. Every time a Fleetwood Mac song came on it was like heaven to my ears. It always made me want to get up and dance, which I didn't, but I happily tapped my foot to the beat. It really put a genuine smile on my face to hear Christine's sultry voice, Lindsey's incredible guitar riffs, or Stevie's hauntingly beautiful solos. Some songs really speak to me. Every time I hear the song "Landslide," I can't do anything else but just stare off in space and think about how beautiful and sad the lyrics are at the same time. It really just makes me want to cry! Sara's another one of those songs that get to me. I can't get over how beautiful it is!
Anyways, enough about my obsession, I just had to get that out of my system. But I will probably be posting some far out Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks posts on the blog soon, so stayed tuned! I'll think of something fun. 
P.S. There are a few pictures of my bed on here. I got a groovy new pillow that looks like something that would be on Laugh-In. I think it really gives my bed color and makes it looks like it really is from the 60s! 

No comments:

Post a Comment