Friday, January 17, 2014

New Year's Goals

I can honestly admit that this Christmas season was one I just wanted to be over and done with. When the holiday was finally over, I was actually pretty relieved of it. I think I credit most of this to the fact that there were many things I wanted to get done, and goals I wanted to get started on, but it was pretty hard to do so when everywhere you went the roads crowded with last minute shoppers. I wanted nothing more than to start fresh. And that's what I did...the day after the New Year I sat down and painstakingly wrote down a list of goals I wanted to accomplish in the New Year.

One of them was to fully clean/organize my room. This was a goal I immediately started on within the first few days of the New Year. I fully cleaned through my mountainous closet and gave away loads of stuffed animals, books, and clothing. And it felt great. I now have nothing in there but the things I actually use. In the upcoming months I plan to look for a desk and further organize my room.

Another goal of mine was to get in shape. After the long vacation of sitting and lounging around, I felt pretty lazy. And I know that simply not excersizing has definitely put on a few pounds on me. So recently I've been finding a creative outlet for exercising in this winter weather: dancing around the house to my favorite ABBA songs. And I love it! Other things I plan to do are buy more healthier snacks and start having more fruits and vegetables.

One major goal I know I have to work on is spending time doing more productive things...in other words going on the computer far less than I do now. I know it's not healthy for me and that I should be working on more projects and expressing myself through creative ways like art and music. Here are some of the things I want to do more of this year:
-Sewing
-Drawing
-Doing artsy things
-Writing in journal
-Do more cooking/baking-trying out new recipes
-Dance
-Spend more time outside/in nature
-Practice piano
-Read/study more


2 comments:

  1. These are very admirable. Remember to take pictures of the real world things you do and post them to this blog. I love your photography. My goal is to have tea with you at least once this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! And definitely, I love taking pictures of the little things in life like the one above. I'm going to try to update this blog more. Also, that'd be nice! Just let me know whenever you're able to do it! :)

      Delete